Bountiful Harvest Storage

Jenlynn

Nov 19, 2011
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Sun Conure, and Blue Indian Ringneck
So I just bought some bountiful harvest from my safe bird store and I know I've heard others on this forum talk about it. It seems more moist this time, maybe its fresher...and I'm not sure I remember it being vaccuumed packed last time. I bought about enough to last me a month or two...how do you store it long term? Fridge or Freezer? How long can it stay out at room temperature?

It smells absolutely amazing and I don't want it to lose that freshness, or have it go bad... I gave Niles and Mango extra tonight since I just opened it and Mango is making his happy conure ducky sounds and Niles hasn't lifted his head from his bowl... A few times I caught him with 1 piece in his beak and a 2nd in his claw, as if he was trying to eat it all at once until he dropped one...

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Oh I know that scent. Nice isn't it? Most of it is freeze dried. I do not put it in frig. You must have a fresh batch. It is amazing food for our birds.

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
I just keep it in a ziploc bag at room temperature and I haven't had any issues with it so far.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
what is it and where do you but it. Is it a pellet or a mix of fruit and veg? thanks Alison and sweetie pie:D

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
what is it and where do you but it. Is it a pellet or a mix of fruit and veg? thanks Alison and sweetie pie:D

It's a food mix that you can by from MySafeBirdStore.com. There is a version with pellets, as well as one without pellets. It has a lot of dried fruits and veggies, as well as nuts, seeds, and some herbs.

When you go to their website, it's under the My Safe Bird Blends tab.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Thank you for the information .I will check it out. Alison and sweetie pie:D

OP
Jenlynn

Jenlynn

Nov 19, 2011
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Sun Conure, and Blue Indian Ringneck
Thank you for the information .I will check it out. Alison and sweetie pie:D

Its awesome, you definitely should. I mix it with Higgins Mayan harvest which is more seed based vs veggie fruit based. I get the no pellet and feed it with my roudybush.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I don't refridgerate mine either. I keep it in a rubbermaid container

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Yep I just keep it in the Ziploc bag in a 10lb tub w all the other bird food.

Most Reactions