Bourke Parakeets

love4bourkes

Aug 3, 2012
I have raised everything from dogs, cats, finches, regular parakeets (that was a challenge), mccaws. Well you get the idea. I went to the local bird store and fell in love with a rosy(?) bourke. It was not the dark pink color, more washed out but a personally plus. Is it true that they have to be DNA tested to get the sex of bird? Do many of you do that?

How old does the babies have to be to determine the sex? I love this species because it is a quieter bird, sat on my shoulder for an hour at the store and fell asleep perching on my hand. I just fell in love.

I really want to do right by him/her.

Food: Can you suggest food. I've been reading canary food, veggies, millet, tiel food. I'm not comfortable with so much different info. Thought I would go to the pros here.

Is this truly a bourke forum or are there others you frequent. I really loved reading posts from this forum and hope it's the one I should be on.:confused:

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
welcome! bourkes are wonderful birds, you're gona love it here! feed a high qualoty budgie mix supplemented with fruits and veggies :)

Most Reactions