Boy or girl conure?

Sk01

Apr 2, 2013
Hello everyone, this is my first post :) I have an almost 6-month-old female gcc and I am planning on getting a second baby gcc in September. My hope is that they will become friends or at the least they can socialize from separate cages when I am not home. I was planning on getting another female but thought I'd get some more opinions. So, should I get a boy or a girl?

OP
S

Sk01

Apr 2, 2013
I'd rather not have them breed but I also am worried about 2 females laying a bunch of infertile eggs and being sexually frustrated

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Are you thinking about having them in same cage or separate cages??? If separate cages, it don't really matter which sex you get in my opinion. :)

OP
S

Sk01

Apr 2, 2013
Are you thinking about having them in same cage or separate cages??? If separate cages, it don't really matter which sex you get in my opinion. :)

Well they will be in separate cages at first, but the plan is that eventually they will live together in 1 cage

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
If they are going to live together, I think another female would be better. A male and a female are more likely to produce eggs and pair bond than two females. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new conure :D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome to our awesome forum

Tough decision !!!!
If not wanting to breed a female would be a better option.
I reckon get another female if you are thinking if letting them share a cage in the future.

Good luck with your choice

:grey:

OP
S

Sk01

Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for the feedback guys :)
So I am getting another female, just paid the deposit for a cinnamon baby. Can't wait :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts