Brain freeze

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
I think Sidney got himself a case of brain freeze. I had some super cold ice water and he got into it and drunk a lot. I picked him up and he was puffed and shivering all over. He does not look all that happy about it. He is warmed up now tucked into my shirt.

jamesc-albums-sidney-picture16381-brain-freeze-someone-got-into-my-ice-water-sucked-down-til-he-shivering.jpg

OP
JamesC

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots

Feathers of the past:
He is fine. Back to his usual mischief that is borderline getting his naughty tail locked up so I can get a break from having to keep track of him every minute. By far the biggest handful of a bird that I have experienced.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
He is fine. Back to his usual mischief that is borderline getting his naughty tail locked up so I can get a break from having to keep track of him every minute. By far the biggest handful of a bird that I have experienced.

Sidney is so cute James. I'm glad he's okay. Maybe he likes the cold, I remember when he jumped in your freezer!

I have ONE Poi that is like that too. I have to watch Griffin my Ruppell's. He's such a pain, he is constantly trying to get into trouble. I have never had a bird of any size who was such a handful! Then Robin my Red Bellied is just the opposite. Such a trustworthy type of bird.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Sydney is Adorable I am glad he got over his "brain freeze" he is probably all fueled up now after that ice water for his next daring feat :)

OP
JamesC

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots

Feathers of the past:
Well, he is all stirred up now. Squealing like an idiot and flying around to every place where he knows he should not be. He seldom really gets on my nerves. But tonight, he is edging into that territory. He might have to get himself an early bedtime tonight. He does seem to be starting a molt so I can forgive him a little bit if he is edgy. But forgiveness and understanding only go so far when he is being so bad.

Ow. He just let loose a squeal into my ear.

Then he dived at the two blue crowns. Mr. Sidney is going to be spending the rest of the evening in his cage. Where he is now rocking upside down, squealing and letting me know how unhappy he is with that decision.

Yeah, he is just fine. And being Sidney to his fullest extent.

Most Reactions