Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Just dropped him off to the airport. Miss him already. I remember the days before Kyo was around to keep me sane while he travels, and I am so grateful I have my birdie buddie to keep me company now.

That said, guess who is getting the run of the house on my day off. Hehehehe ;)

I do always worry about him every time he gets on a plane. As you can all tell, everything worries me. Just so many what ifs... But trying to stay positive and looking forward to seeing his beautiful images and hearing all about the Canary Islands.

Anyone else have a hubby that travels a lot?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I traveled nearly all my working life. Believe me, its no easier being the one traveling. The missed family events, name them all and I have missed them. Retirement came my way and I took it and will never look back.

I know it is not easy being the one at home. However, communication is much better today and much less expensive. Use it to the maximum!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I too am away for 3 to 4 days at a time followed by 3 or 4 days off. It is the most objectionable aspect of my work, and becomes more onerous as the years go by. So much so that I am planning a retirement well before the mandatory age.

Air travel is extraordinarily safe today, especially in the U.S, Europe, Australia/New Zealand, parts of Asia, and local areas globally. I worry more about the surface transportation in vans/limos with drivers of all stripes!!

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Yup.

That is the sole reason I have Henry :) DH got a scholarship to spend 3wks in Taiwan. So I get my grey....'cept it's an IRN lol.

He's often in Australia for work related stuff too.

I'm learning to accept it - mainly by spending his airpoints ;)

Most Reactions