Bringing the baby home

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I just saw this thread,and read all the posts. It reads to me that you have thoroughly thought about just about every possible scenario. Research and asking questions is paramount and it seems you have done an excellent job on both accounts! Always remember...there is NEVER a stupid question! The stupidity is when a question is not asked.
I have been "owned" by an Amazon for nearly thirty years and had an African Grey for almost that long. I was lucky lol..I didn't do research on either,but had been a 'bird person" from a young boy.
I just read as much as I could AFTER getting the birds ;) :eek: and am pretty lucky that Amy turned into a beautiful,well socialized,loving and healthy Amazon.
This forum has helped me in many ways. I'm still learning everyday from all the experienced,AND newbies here.
I welcome you whole-heartidly and ask that you please stay with us. You will not be disappointed! And I await with eager eyes on your future posts AND pictures of your new baby! (FYI...we LOVE pictures here!!)

Jim

OP
tfw

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
And I await with eager eyes on your future posts AND pictures of your new baby! (FYI...we LOVE pictures here!!)
Jim

Thanks!

I wanted to take pics of the baby when I met him/her but he was shy and didn't want to overwhelm him. But he is incredibly sweet as he played and watched us talk. His feathers were healthy and shiny and was friendly with being held.

We are in the process on getting fresh bamboo to make toys, perches, and to put in the cage. Just bought a cement perch, too. I've been hounding a friend for branches lol she is getting ready to have her trees professionally trimmed!

We considered a gray but my friend inherited a gray from his aunt who passed away when we were teens....and he could never bond with it because it was with the aunt all its life. The cockatoo was a first choice until we read up and saw that of all the breeds, it was most like a toddler in terms of attention lol. We read the B&G would be the more family oriented one. At the end of the day we do know each individual one is different. But I guess chances may be better with the B&G in terms of what we r looking for.

Most Reactions