Buddy The African Grey

BBCritter

Jan 26, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Congo African Grey Age Unknown, Sun Conure 5 yrs.
Buddy is a cool bird he Meow's, whistle's, says pretty bird (some obscense Language note I didn't teach him this). He's been rehomed 5 times I have no idea how old he is. I have gotten him to except treats from my hand I found out he ADORES Walnuts. Of course I try not to feed them later I'm hoping that'll be a good treat food later on. I'm slowly introducing Vegetables into his diet He likes fruit but isn't keen on vege's he also doesn't like any kind of starchy food or bread. He was on stricly seed when I got him I'm hoping to switch over to pellet (hoping to get some insight on how this'll work). I also just switched him over to a much larger cage his first cage he had not alot of room to move around and I've noticed quite a change in his personatliy since he jumps around from perch to perch does summersaults its quite funny Although this cage is too temporary only cause I don't feel its quite right for his needs it was much better then the last one. At any rate I'll probably keep posting as he develops into the bird I know he is. And I'm sure I'll be asking for some help along the way. Thanks everyone!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Welcome to Buddy. We usually suggest an avain vet visit with a new bird to get a baseline of where he is as far as overall health.The vet will will then suggest the the type of pellets and how to slowly switch over from seeds. Also if you have not read the many books out there on AG suggest you do so. One of the best is called It's a Grey World. There is so much to being the guardian for any parrot but the important thing is to have fun. The greys can read you mind. We are here for you should you have any concerns. Send us a photo!!

Riley's mom

Banned
Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Holiday, Florida
Parrots
Military's, African Greys, Blue and Gold, Goffin, conures, quaker, lovebird, senegal parrot
Welcome!! You have a great bird. You may have a bit of a tough time changing him stictly over to pellets. There is nothing wrong with him having a pellet and seed mixture. And then when you add the fresh fruits and veggies and the ocassional treat, you'll have a happy camper. Sounds like he's found a great home with you. Enjoy!!:green1:

Most Reactions

Latest posts