Budgie cages?

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Me again, sorry for the bombardment.

Okay; so me and Andrew have been talking about replacing our budgie cage for a long time now but haven't gotten around to it because they're aright in their current cage - I just don't like it.

PIANO 6 - Bird

Is their current one.
(Actual picture of my own)
180743_10150394892650508_4088275_n.jpg

I don't like the fact it's got two trays as it makes it difficult to just spot clean on a daily basis (since all the poop goes on the middle and around the edges) which means stressing the poor guys out to get in and our of their cage for cleaning.
It also came to me in a pretty naff condition too, just little things like some of the extra security/support plastic is snapped. (I complained about it, order another from elsewhere and that was even worse! Sent one back, kept the other and just made do as there wern't any more in stock for 6 months... sigh!) Doesn't affect the use of the cage, or the actual security of it by any means - I just hate that it's broke!

I would probably want to go for a montana cage, similar to what Merlin is in (Product) but it has to be big enough for the two of them (and lots of toys and flight space as my budgie's don't like to leave their cage!) but I'm open to other brand suggestions.

I'd buy Merlin a new cage and throw the budgie's in Merlin's current one but the bar spacing is 15mm and I'm unsure if that's suitable for budgie's or if it's slightly too big.

Brucie is a HUGE budgie so I'd not be worried about him, but Lucie is a little slender lady so... bar spacing input too would be helpful. :)

Bruce wanting in on the bigboy cage action! (Merlin wasn't in the room!)
546373_4625262869471_1340271630_n.jpg

Not all american brands are available here in the UK though, so... :(

So yes! Any suggestions would be appreciated, or again, if you can post pictures of your budgie cages so I can browse and grab ideas myself. I do not want another ferplast cage. They've buggered me over twice in the space of a week, I refuse another. :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts