budgies v. Green cheek conures Affection???

Blackfang320

Apr 18, 2011
near pittsburgh PA
Parrots
a beautiful baby Cinn. Turq. girl Beanie =)
Hey guys if youve read my other threads about getting a baby conure ,im not going to i found this real breeder who gets them vet checked and they come with a food started kit and it is much less stressful lol . anyways i was just wondering on the affection comparison between budgies and conures, im sure im getting a GCC but i was just curious about budgies because it seems like alot of ppl like them lol

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
I have budgies & GCC & i would have to say the the GCC is by far the more entertaining of the 2. Green Cheeks are funny, bitey when they want to be but will grow out of it in time. And they have big bird attitude. I get a lot of joy from my green cheeks.

But i don't handle my budgies so someone else that does will have more on their experiences.

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
Budgies are big parrots in small bodies lol. They think they're bigger than they are.
They can be affectionate if they are handled from a young age and even when they aren't.
Three of my budgies were handled from 2 weeks old, and they love chewing on me lol.
They think they're preening me :)

If you got a nice, hand tame baby from a breeder ( no need for hand rearing ), got a nice flight cage that is at least 40cm by 60cm by 40cm, position it in your lounge room and handled it everyday and spoiled it rotten, you'd have a very lovable little darling.
Some budgie breeders let you pick out a fertile egg and then handle it everyday from 1-2 weeks old, and charge you only $15 for the baby. I know a breeder who does this.

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
i had a budgie for a short while. got him at 5 months old and he liked people and was friendly and didnt bite. he nibbled when he didnt like being held or what not and he'd fluff his face up when i talked to him. he was so sweet, even untame. he didnt become tame before he passed unfortunately but he would have been the perfect bird. he LOVED attention :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
My Budgies are very entertaining!!! I watch them play, chase after one another, sing, bully the Cockatiels, act silly.

Most Reactions