Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I went to Petco today to get Buddy a new pedi perch and met this little cutie, Bonnie. She is a character!!! She was working it, she won't be there long.

What till the end, she kept doing somersaults and pushing herself along the floor. Apparently this is a regular thing with her, so cute, lol.

[ame="https://youtu.be/kKa4vFeJd4c"]Buy Me!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Aww!! Good for her!! :) haha put a smile on my face!

There's a pineapple green cheek at my local petCo who has been there almost a year... Her name is Apple. I want to bring her home so bad.... my fiance wont allow it and she will need a lot of love to earn her trust. Shes overpriced. More than double what we paid for our well socialized and loving Pumpkin.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
So cute! I'm surprised Petco let you videotape them. The local Petco here wouldn't let me record or take any pictures.

I got Skittles at the local PetLife (formerly Kennel Shop) and his 'hopping' is what won me over - that and the fact he wouldn't hop for anyone else. Birds pick their owners, they truly do.

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
thats how we got foo. She followed us around, on her back doing her crazy slide thing.

We kept walking by cause she was soo dang cute. I hadn't had a bird since 40 years ago and that was me as a kid with a parakeet. (who I loved)

Ended up asking to see her and they wouldn't take her out cause they said she bit. My hubby was like we might take her home so they finally relented. The kid was obviously terrified of the tiny little menace. She jumped right to us and then defended our shoulders from the employees, so we had no choice but to take her home and figure out how to care for her properly.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
When I called PetLife to 'reserve' Skittles that Monday morning (after spending the weekend to 'think about it') they put a 'sold' sign with my name on it. When I went to get him, the clerk must have been in her early 20s and was terrified of him. Why a pet store would employ someone afraid of animals is beyond me.

She couldn't catch him and every time she got her hand close to him he'd attack and she'd back off. I told her I would take him out if that was okay, and she said - okay, but good luck. She was gonna get towel to 'throw' over him and then grab him. She was an idiot. I put both my hands in and 'cupped' him and yes, he bit, he bit hard and my hand bled but I spoke to him calmly and did not react to his biting and he calmed right down and didn't make a peep on the way home. Once I let him out, he flew right onto my shoulder.

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Hehehe this is exactly how my baby acts all the time :3 they are the best.

Most Reactions

Latest posts