Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I work from home mainly projects on hospital computer systems so I'm with my dogs and fids at least 90% of the time every day. I do a lot of conference calls and when I got my GCA Buddy, I learned quickly I was going to have to use a headset because he would hear voices on speaker and start screaming "Hello!". He's my social butterfly.

Well today I was on a conference call, on my headset and Buzz, my CAG, was in a wonderful and chatty mood. He was mainly whistling and repeating his favorite sounds but the people I met with heard him and asked about him so we took a minute, I put the phone on speaker and said Hello to Buzz. On queue he said Hello in his man voice and then his lady voice, lol! Well Buddy can't be outdone and he had to chime in and say a few hellos too, lol. They were also saying hello too and laughing. I must say they are wonderful mood lifters, everyone left the meeting smiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, I bet that made their day! I bet they told everyone about their wonderful conference call with Buddy and Buzz, too:)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
What a great comedy skit! I'm surprised no one has made a movie on that theme yet. Hey dibs on the idea!

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
What a great comedy skit! I'm surprised no one has made a movie on that theme yet. Hey dibs on the idea!

When I first got Buddy I was talking to another team member on the phone, put her on speaker to use both hands and when Buddy heard her he started saying Hello over and over. My team member was repeating thinking it was me. Between the two Helloing back and forth I couldn't get a word in, lol! Team member hangs up and calls me back. We talk about that call and we call it the Verizon call, lol. Buddy loves to talk and he loves attention for sure. He would make an excellent Walmart greeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Early Bird Green Cheek Conure
Hatch Date 3-2016
Wal Mart would be so much more pleasant for me if they employed parrots 😂

CherylCali

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Awesome. I know the folks on the other side of the phone were fascinated and truly awed by Buzz. I would almost bet that Buzz will become a legend.

I fell in love with CAGs via phone calls with a person across the country who had one. Her Grey wormed his way into my head and I just couldn't let go. It took 15 years for me to make the commitment.

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
When I'm on my cell in the house I love it when Perjo starts her routine. It always gets a reaction out of the other person I'm talking to. They always say "I never new parrots could be so vocal and just vocalize with themselves".

Most Reactions

Latest posts