Cage Cleaning Tools

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
I am wondering what tools would you suggest to help make cage cleaning faster. We have always used the typical bath tub scrub brush, poop off, a plastic scraper, and white cloths. Well Phoenix our Macaw rescue poops a lot, and Lucy has always been our super pooper not only with how much but she makes a game of seeing how far she can shoot it out of the grates of her cage along with seeing what she can hit (I have had guitar gear pooped on if I moved it within 4 feet of her cage & we had to change where she was caged for the holidays with Phoenix because she would aim for the Christmas tree if we kept her by it). We of course have Gizmo our baby Goffin who isn't that bad, but Annie our Goffin Rescue will only really poop in one spot in her cage and it piles & dried super quick.

waternurse

Dec 21, 2013
Pretty much every macaw book I've read has different ideas. However, none of them talk about their ideas making the cleaning process any faster. The best they have is different type of fruit acid mixes to help reduce the amount of scrubbing needed. But it doesn't sound like this will do much against a 4 foot poop shooter!

Most Reactions