Cage litter?

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I added stuff to the floor of his cage to stop stuff falling thru when he drops them.
Palm fronds, grape vines (with a bunch o grapes attached), and bits of leafy tree with berries on it.
IMG_7599.JPG

IMG_7602.JPG

I also learned what the macro button on my camera does.
IMG_7582.JPG

It does this,....
IMG_7586.JPG

Now Debbie has hidden the camera!

So my question is,....Will the cage litter make it a den of germs that will make him sick, or is it ok as long as I* change it every day? (*read: If Debbie changes it every day).

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
If you cage is like most cages you should be able to take that grate out

If you plan on changing it every day and the cage "litter" you are using is safe for him to chew on and has been cleaned well before you put it in there so it don't have any toxic stuff on it; I don't see why not

just remember that the stuff that falls through the cracks is mean so the bird doesn't wind up with its droppings on its self and in it mouth; which can become harmful. anything that has droppings on it should be cleaned before giving it back to the bird and food should be tossed.

If your bird is like most birds you will be playing fetch with him.... you will be the dog but he will still be the one enjoying it... My bird loves to play fetch

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
As long as everything has been washed really well, and the berries are okay for him to nibble on there shouldn't be a problem.

I just use newspaper in the bottom tray, that way everything can fall through and it makes it easier for me to clean.

Beautiful pics,
Debbie Please give the camera back, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE:D

Most Reactions