cage themes

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
i decided to do a cage theme for the lovies.... thought itd be cute and fun for me to do... well i went jungle theme for both. heres the results

my attempts at a jungle theme... ok i did my best but its not 100% perfect lol
mango's cage
310_8807.jpg

munch's cage
310_8808.jpg

the vine toy i made
310_8810.jpg

mango in his new sleeping tube (its got a big purple flower on the side)
310_8814.jpg

i hang their leafy greens from the top of the cage (today they have parsley)
310_8816.jpg

310_8817.jpg

foraging toy and vine toy
310_8818.jpg

and of course munch playing with one of her foraging toys
310_8821.jpg

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
i hope not lol i try to make sure they have lots to do... they enjoy foraging and that keeps them busy lol

Mike

Mar 15, 2011
Media
Albums
Atlanta, GA USA
Parrots
A Greenwing, a Sun Conure, and a Hahn's Macaw
Wow! Is that what my cage should look like? I figured they needed room to stretch and exercise their wings. My daughter's Sun Conure (Nigel) cage has five toys. We rotate in an older toy each week, and rotate out one of the existing toys. Nigel gets a brand new toy about once a month.

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
its more an individual bird thing. rotating toys is a great idea. i find with smaller birds, i can put lots of neat little things in them for them to do, it also helps that these two are clipped and are inclined to walk and climb rather than fly. if they flew more than anything it would be a different story lol my tiels cage cant be too filled, especially below their sleeping spot as tsuka is badly prone to night frights and he can injure himself. he also has molting problems and has a disability with his feathers in one wing so he will never fly. so i have to make everything accessabe to him! so no flight for them, even though dally can fly very well. she just chooses not to while in the cage, and theyre in a good flight cage lol but tsuka boy has a special need and i have to make life easier for the bugger

so, its what your bird likes. if he is busy busy busy adhd and cant make up his mind, then more toys may be needed. if hes content to rip apart one or two toys, then thats great! i know a lot say to use certain this and certain that but its all individual preference--of the bird. my lovebird mango likes the taller cage, while munch likes to hang out on the floor so shes got a longer cage with more floor space and its not too tall as she doesnt sit high up anyways. to each their own, just find what your guy likes :)

Most Reactions