Call me un-american...

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
We live on a fairly quiet street.... That's is until the military couple moved next door... Who proceeded to have a party and set off illegal fireworks last night. One guy set off what sounded like an M80 and then yell "ow, my foot." I personally didn't think it was funny! And the sound scared the crap out of me. Kiwi managed okay, she got a little scared. But I was very annoyed because I've had a terrible head cold, lots of pressure and headaches, and then I had to contend with what sounded like a war zone next door. What I don't understand is we are in a serious drought, these things are illegal, and yet people don't care and set them off anyway. There were several "legal" places to go over looking the bay that was close to me to view the fireworks, not to mention they now air the show on TV. But no, they would rather disturb their neighbors, scare the animals and set fires, all in the name of fun. I am not greatful that I had put my aging dog to sleep about 6 months ago, she hated even the fireworks going off at sea world eveynight, not to mention the 4th on July. This year would have killed her with what went on next door.

Most Reactions

Latest posts