Camera-shy talking

coral3

Aug 4, 2012
Australia
Parrots
'Ringo' - alexandrine, hatched 2012 ~ 'Prinny' - princess parrot, 1992-2012 RIP
So my 7mo baby alex, Ringo was jibber-jabbering up a storm yesterday. He's been saying 'hello' for the last couple months and in recent weeks has been saying 'watcha doing' 'peekaboo' 'bathtime' and *I think* trying to say a few other things which aren't clear yet.

So I got the camera out...but little monkey - of course he'd stop the second I turned the camera on. I'd put the camera down, he'd start up flat out again. This went on for ages...camera on: stop, camera off: talking his head off.

I can tell I need to get a whole lot sneakier if I'm going to catch his baby talking on film *sigh* :rolleyes:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Gilbert never acts the same with a camera on either. Sometimes i can get something cute with my phone's forward facing camera, which is of course then low quality, but at least cute and he enjoys seeing the bird looking at him!

OP
coral3

coral3

Aug 4, 2012
Australia
Parrots
Well, Ringo is talking up a storm this week! He's just started saying 'good boy' and 'want to come out?' (which is what I say to him whenever I'm getting him out of his cage). Plus a lot of jibber-jabber which I can't make out yet. He's been talking a LOT, I think it being school holidays here the last couple weeks - meaning we're home more talking to him - is helping him pick up new words. Am finding it really exciting, wondering what he's going to say next. I've been calling out "Mummy's home" whenever I arrive home after being out...my husband thinks I'm nuts...but am kinda hoping he'll say that one day :D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Omg that sounds like Mishka all over again

I struggled believe me

Leave the camera on and walk out.

Thereafter leave the camera nearby BUT off.
Your bird will soon get used to the camera I PROMISE YOU

OP
coral3

coral3

Aug 4, 2012
Australia
Parrots
I now have a camera set up pointed at his cage so he can get used to it. Should soon be able to switch it on without him noticing.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I now have a camera set up pointed at his cage so he can get used to it. Should soon be able to switch it on without him noticing.

Great he is getting used to seeing the camera
Soon he will not even notice it and carry on as usual
THEN you will be recording for hours and hours LoL

000203FC.gif

Most Reactions

Latest posts