Can my Conure & Budgie live in the same cage?

VJB

May 16, 2016
Hi
My Green Cheek Conure and budgerigar are literally the very best of friends. They have their own cages but lately my budgie Scooby has taken to hanging out in my Conure Obi’s cage and vice versa. They are both fully flighted and enjoy being together so much that in the morning when I uncover Obi he calls out Scooby’s name and Scooby then responds by calling for Obi.
When I am at work Scooby stays with Obi in Obi’s lovely big cage.
So I have taken to wondering should I and can I put them together in one cage and let them also sleep in the same cage? That way they can snuggle up to each other at night. I also wondered in terms of when I go away and someone else cares for them they may be happier if together in one cage.
I haven’t put them together at night only because I thought maybe they may both like their space to sleep. I would love some advice about this.
Thank you so much

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
Conures will kill budgies with ease, it is not recommended

Thanks
Noah Till

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Please don't leave them together if you aren't around. Don't leave one out and the other caged either, as landing on someone cage territory can cause a fight.

My GCC bit completely off several of my Budgies toes. As I have painfully shared before.

Most Reactions