May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP

Last night I was putting Primor on his cage.
He just needed to do a hop and a flap but instead he flew and got tangled in the window shade cord.

unfortunately the room was dark and as you get older it gets difficult to see in the dark. I quickly got him to step up on my finger but I couldn't see enough to get him untangled.

I had to use my thumb to keep him perched on my finger and sidle over to the light switch so I could see and untangle his leg.

It was a scary experience.
Thinking the whole time if he tries to take off he's gonna break a leg or a wing.

I tied the window shade cord up and out of the way.

My sweet little feller was unfazed!
20230803_073750.jpg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
He just needed to do a hop and a flap but instead he flew and got tangled in the window shade cord.

unfortunately the room was dark and as you get older it gets difficult to see in the dark. I quickly got him to step up on my finger but I couldn't see enough to get him untangled.

I had to use my thumb to keep him perched on my finger and sidle over to the light switch so I could see and untangle his leg.

Thinking the whole time if he tries to take off he's gonna break a leg or a wing.

View attachment 53408
I probably would have grabbed the scissors and cut the cords off, ruining the window shade in the process! You have more calm than I do.

OP
PrimorandMoxi

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
I probably would have grabbed the scissors and cut the cords off, ruining the window shade in the process! You have more calm than I do.
I was figuratively crapping my pants.

The scissors would have been my first choice but I couldn't put him down...
I was lucky the cord was long enough to let me reach the light switch.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

View attachment 53408
Well, of course he was unfazed, he had his staff person to work out the details.

It always amazes me how unfazed Amazon can be. Then the next moment that new thing that just should-up is clearly radioactive and must be avoided!

Last edited:

ShellyL

Feb 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Parrots
Black capped conures, Duffy and Rocky
Lilac Crowned Amazon, Gemi
Blue Fronted Amazon, Paco
Alexandrine Parrots, Worf & Dougie
Congo African Grey, Ozzy
Parakeet, Stormy

View attachment 53408
Scary indeed. Good work!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts