Cant find Jade

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Wow! I'm sorry Jade isn't found yet but I'm very glad the Quaker is found. Fingers still crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Still sending you and your family positive energy and hoping your bird makes his way home. I don't know where you live, but I'm in Pennsylvania and pet birds are found outside all the time, probably because they stand out like a sore thumb here, regardless of the season. They sound completely different than wild birds and obviously look completely different than most wild birds here, and it seems in my rescue experience that most pet birds (tame, friendly ones anyway) that get lost outside typically become hungry, tired, etc. after a couple of days, and then someone sees them and tries to get them to come to them, and the bird eventually does come to someone. I've actually seen 3 specific cases that I can think of, maybe more that I don't remember, that a lost parrot purposely walked right up to someone that they saw outside, like they were asking for help. In all 3 of those cases the person that found the bird brought them in to a shelter or veterinarian and they called the rescue and brought them in. 2 of those birds, a blue and gold macaw and a cockatiel, were recognized by us at the rescue because their owners had called us to report the bird lost. So the birds went to a person who they saw outside, were taken to the rescue, and reunited with their owners all on the same day. I don't recall how long those 2 birds were missing but they were both missing for at least a couple of weeks. The third bird was a peach-faced lovebird and we kept him for at least 3 months, advertising that he had been found from day one everywhere we could advertise it, on the local news stations, local newspapers, websites, at all the local shelters, veterinarian offices (I've seen tons of dogs and cats reunited with their owners because their owners notified all the local veterinary offices that they were missing, and the authorities typically call or stop by all the local veterinary offices when a pet is found), and no one claimed him, so after 3 months we adopted him out. But the point is that the system does work, and lost birds are found after missing for days, weeks, months, and in a few well-known cases they were reunited with their owners after missing for years. So you'll get him back, I know it.

"Dance like nobody's watching..."

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
How awful, so sorry. I know you seem convinced he got out, are you 100% sure the bird isn't stuck in the home or in the wall? Or possibly fatally injured itself in the process of trying to escape?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Any update?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Thank you for updating us, we are all still hoping for good news.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Grace I just saw this thread! Any news on Jade???

I can't even imagine the thought of loosing one of my kids :eek:

Amy and the Beebs and I are sending you positive thoughts on finding your little Jade.
Please keep us updated whenever possible! :40:

Jim

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I'm so sorry. My heart is broken for you.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
OMG !! Take advantage of that info. Be up before sunrise , near Jade's cage. Me, I would be there all day, gone only to relieve my self, until well after full dark. Sat and Sun. Boring , perhaps, but a chance to get Jade back? Well worth it.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Jade was seen 2 days ago on his cage in my yard

Awesome, hope that sighting is indeed Jade!!! Please keep us updated and review the previous member tips if helpful. Dearly hoping for good news!

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
looking for an update?

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
Oh this is so scary. I really hope you find him soon. Such a relief for somone to have seen him though, and he knows where home is!!!. Goodluck and keep us updated.

Most Reactions

Latest posts