Cat upseting my birds

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I

PS. If it is OK to use one in your area, then an electric fence would be perfect: it's not all that visible, it's not all that painful (well, it is, but only for an instant) and it would teach Puss E more quickly than anything else, since she's never felt that before. (Notice how the forum edits out ***** as if it were a rude word? LOL!)

NOT TO MENTION THAT IT MIGHT BE EVEN MORE ENTERTAINING THAN A BUG ZAPPER AND A SIX PACK ON A SLOW NIGHT...

"ZZZZZTTT! Hey Bubba, how high would you say he jumped that time..."

"Well, that back fence is a good six feet tall, and I'd say he cleared it by at least two feet..."

REDNECK GAMES YOU CAN PLAY WITH YOUR NEIGHBOR'S CAT...

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Birdman, the funniest thing I ever saw with an electric fence was the time my (then baby) nephew was crawling underneath ours and got stuck to the electric wire by that which was oozing out the top of his nappy. Of course, the battery and switch had to be at the other end of the paddock, so we were forced to grab the baby to release him and my sister and I both got 'rewarded' for our efforts as we did so. After we pacified poor Timmy, we observed he never, ever approached the electric fence again! He's twenty-six now and still won't go near them! LOL!

PS. Continuous charge fences have their funny moments, but the random pulse ones are better. Newbies walk up and lean on them without realising what they are and eventually they get a beaut shock to lift their day that little bit. I never tire of it! :D :D :D

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Puss E.
Pussey.
Poosy.
Poossy.
Cat

Just testing...

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
PS. Continuous charge fences have their funny moments, but the random pulse ones are better. Newbies walk up and lean on them without realising what they are and eventually they get a beaut shock to lift their day that little bit. I never tire of it! :D :D :D

Yup, I've had the "pleasure" of intimately getting to know such a random pulsing fence.

I was 8 years old, and vacationing with my mom. The hotel had the cutest little donkey in the back, who I was determined to pat. The only thing separating me from "Poldy" was a very thin wire. Poldy came close, but not nearly close enough for me to touch, so I leaned into the wire until I was able to touch his nose. BBZZZZT!!! Poldy let out a quick YEE-HAAW, and I screamed like...like....well like a little girl. :54:

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
It could be a stray. I agree that he should be caught. If he is a pet, his owners will find out that he's a nuisance and it's their job to sort him out. You shouldn't have to bear the expense of keeping him OUT, they should bear the expense of keeping him IN.

How about rigging some kind of skirt around the aviary that he can't climb? Like a seed skirt, but wobbly or flexible so he can't climb it or over it? Like a V shape with some netting or old stockings, or something loose. The problem is that you could be trying this or that and spending heaps of money when it should be the owner doing so.

Most Reactions