Catastrophic TX & OK flooding

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Media coverage of epic flooding in Texas and Oklahoma suggests a good many families are in dire or worse circumstances. A fair number of ParrotForums members appear to live in or near affected areas. I hope you, your families, and loved ones remain safe and dry now and in the coming days as more rains are forecast.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
We had some minor flooding Saturday night, and it was a pretty wild night.

My daughter was working at Sea World, and got trapped there as they had a tornado watch in effect, and flash floods in the park. She didn't get out of there until very late in the evening...

RAINFALL, just rain, coming down our street, which is on a hill, actually rose above the curb level over the sidewalk, and flooded the lawn at my place. Other than that we had a couple of power outages, and trees down.

The hailstorm a few weeks ago did more damage on my street, frankly.

So we were okay.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
So far we've been able to avoid the severely flooded areas. We've had epic rainfall, power outages, high winds, and hail storms. We haven't been in the path of a tornado yet, but some nearby cities have.

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots
Emit - Blue Throated Macaw,

R.I.P. - Apollo - DYH Amazon
My street flooded a bit, water came up the whole drive way but luckily not into the house and stayed like that until 6am this morning.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Stay safe everyone!!!

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Media coverage of epic flooding in Texas and Oklahoma suggests a good many families are in dire or worse circumstances. A fair number of ParrotForums members appear to live in or near affected areas. I hope you, your families, and loved ones remain safe and dry now and in the coming days as more rains are forecast.

Stay safe everyone and please have a plan of action in place.

I say this because several years back, well not that far back, we had a tornado. I just happen to look out and there was a funnel cloud half way to the ground just over a quarter mile to half mile away. I didn't have a plan of action in place for this type of event.

I Just yelled..."HONEY get the dogs to the basement NOW..TORNADO !!
I ran and grabbed my only bird at the time, My Major Mitchell cockatoo,
and no more than turned the corner to the first step when the wind and tornado hit the barn next to the house....BOOOOM I heard....was a real close call.

I can't help but think now with the birds I have, I wouldn't have been able to move fast enough to save them all....it's an eye opener. So now have a plan, hopefully it's best and I know I would save them all no matter what.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Having lived in OK for almost 8 years, I remember all too well what a 'flash flood' and tornado can do. :( Really super scary! Mother nature certainly isn't always kind.

Stay safe my friends!!

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I live in Houston. Thankfully I had yesterday off and our sub was fine. My partner works in the medical center. She ended up turning around and coming home. There was just no way.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I was thinking about the Karen's, Mark and Allie. We live south of Houston, we relocated cars Tuesday at 1:00 am to higher ground. We are doing fine and this morning I am so glad we moved from Tomball 4 years ago. It's located NW of Houston and they are getting pounded. I have one friend at Willowbrook Hospital and they are talking about moving him to the med center. Of course I asked if that would be by boat. The last time I remember this kind of weather I lived behind Willowbrook Hospital and worked there. I went and worked a 2 day shift because we were so short staffed and the med center basements were flooded. I hope it doesn't get that bad but the freeways are a mess. I'm thankful I work from home and don't have to get out in the weather.

For some unknown reason I had it in my head that the Karens are around Bellaire or Meyerland, I'm hoping I'm way off on that, lol. Stay safe everyone.

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I was thinking about the Karen's, Mark and Allie. We live south of Houston, we relocated cars Tuesday at 1:00 am to higher ground. We are doing fine and this morning I am so glad we moved from Tomball 4 years ago. It's located NW of Houston and they are getting pounded. I have one friend at Willowbrook Hospital and they are talking about moving him to the med center. Of course I asked if that would be by boat. The last time I remember this kind of weather I lived behind Willowbrook Hospital and worked there. I went and worked a 2 day shift because we were so short staffed and the med center basements were flooded. I hope it doesn't get that bad but the freeways are a mess. I'm thankful I work from home and don't have to get out in the weather.

For some unknown reason I had it in my head that the Karens are around Bellaire or Meyerland, I'm hoping I'm way off on that, lol. Stay safe everyone.

I live in Cypress, which is NW Houston and work in Sugar Land, so no problem with me.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I know I'm in Florida but if anyone ever needs help..I'm willing to help in any way...stay safe!

Most Reactions