Cleo the Cockatoo

susieandmartin

Sep 28, 2012
Media
sc
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo
Hi all,
My husband and I recently adopted a 6 year Umbrella Cockatoo. We've only had her for three days and she seems to be settling in okay. She's not allowed out of her cage as often as she was at her last home which is something she doesn't like, but I have been taking her out at least twice daily. We have three dogs, and I'm afraid if we allow her to roam she could be hurt. So far she is hasn't screamed much for attention, but whenever she does, I walk out of the room or don't enter it until she stops. Any suggestions on care and potential problems will be appreciated. She's a beautiful girl and we are lucky to have her as a new addition to our family.
Susie

OP
S

susieandmartin

Sep 28, 2012
Media
sc
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo
I had experience with a Hahn's Macaw, but never a Cockatoo. My biggest fear is that she will get upset about not being allowed to roam on the outside of her cage as often as she did before we got her. I'm retired now and at home most all the time, so she won't be alone, just not out of her cage due to having dogs....I put them outside whenever I allow her to roam. I'll check into the DVD. Thanks

Most Reactions