Cockatiel not talking since this afternoon after laying her 3rd infertile egg yesterday at evening.

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi everyone! May I please get some attention? I don't have any well known vet in my area. Please help me with everything please 🙏
My female cockatiel bird laid her 3rd infertile egg yesterday and it was talking normally yesterday. She was also cheerful this morning but she stopped talking since this afternoon and she's staying on her perch most of the time and closes her eyes. Well she comes down to eat and drink but she's not making any noise. Her dropping is also normal. But I don't see her being cheerful like she used to be. My cockatiel never had a mate and yes, I heard it's possible for cockatiels to lay 2-6 eggs even without a mate. I am just worried about her behavior. She's not talking with me. Please everyone or anyone. Please tell me is it normal? What should I do? There's no well known vet in my area who can help me and I am just way too tensed about my feathered friend 🙏😭

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi everyone! May I please get some attention? I don't have any well known vet in my area. Please help me with everything please 🙏
My female cockatiel bird laid her 3rd infertile egg the day before Yesterday and it was talking normally yesterday. She was also cheerful this morning but she stopped talking since this afternoon and she's staying on her perch most of the time and closes her eyes. Well she comes down to eat and drink but she's not making any noise. Her dropping is also normal. But I don't see her being cheerful like she used to be. My cockatiel never had a mate and yes, I heard it's possible for cockatiels to lay 2-6 eggs even without a mate. I am just worried about her behavior. She's not talking with me. Please everyone or anyone. Please tell me is it normal? What should I do? There's no well known vet in my area who can help me and I am just way too tensed about my feathered friend.

I gave you my attention on your other thread and you gave me no response or acknowledgement
Sorry I didn't know how to reply. Now I know. So please can you help me?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Watch this video of a budgie laying an egg. Notice how exhausted the poor budgie is after laying it

Your bird is the same it will need a day or so to get back to its normal self again

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Watch this video of a budgie laying an egg. Notice how exhausted the poor budgie is after laying it

Your bird is the same it will need a day or so to get back to its normal self again
I see. Thank you so much. I was really so worried as my bird laid another egg yesterday night and it's quiet again. I thought I am not treating it right. Thank you for your help 🙏

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I see. Thank you so much. I was really so worried as my bird laid another egg yesterday night and it's quiet again. I thought I am not treating it right. Thank you for your help 🙏
Your anxious, you love your bird and you want to do the best you can for it. I know how you feel. But sometimes there is nothing you can do but let nature take its course.
In your case I don't think any harm will come to your bird, it sounds like normal behaviour to me. Be sure to remove the eggs or else she will become very defensive over them and attach you if you get close.
Let me know how she goes in a few days

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Your anxious, you love your bird and you want to do the best you can for it. I know how you feel. But sometimes there is nothing you can do but let nature take its course.
In your case I don't think any harm will come to your bird, it sounds like normal behaviour to me. Be sure to remove the eggs or else she will become very defensive over them and attach you if you get close.
Thank you so much for your help. I really found this massage of yours so helpful. I was scared that maybe something was wrong or maybe I am doing mistake in taking care of her. Well she's doing well but her talking tone has become harsh. I also removed the eggs from her cage. I don't know if this harsh tone is fine or not. I don't think there's anything stuck in her throat because all I give her is seed mix, apple and boiled egg. She also laid 4th egg the night before yesterday and I am hearing this harsh tone since yesterday. Can you please tell me if it's normal for her to have harsh tone after laying eggs?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Thank you so much for your help. I really found this massage of yours so helpful. I was scared that maybe something was wrong or maybe I am doing mistake in taking care of her. Well she's doing well but her talking tone has become harsh. I also removed the eggs from her cage. I don't know if this harsh tone is fine or not. I don't think there's anything stuck in her throat because all I give her is seed mix, apple and boiled egg. She also laid 4th egg the night before yesterday and I am hearing this harsh tone since yesterday. Can you please tell me if it's normal for her to have harsh tone after laying eggs?
Ye I think that's normal as well.
In general any abnormal behaviour from female animals after giving birth or laying eggs is normal. It's obviously a hard job.

Keep her well fed, well hydrated, warm and I'm betting that she'll be just right.
If your wondering they can lay up to 6 eggs, sometimes 4 or 5.
I wish someone else would give their opinion here. It can be a sleepy forum sometimes but I'm hoping it will be just fine for you and your little cocky.
You can post a few pics if you like, I'd like to see her

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Ye I think that's normal as well.
In general any abnormal behaviour from female animals after giving birth or laying eggs is normal. It's obviously a hard job.

Keep her well fed, well hydrated, warm and I'm betting that she'll be just right.
If your wondering they can lay up to 6 eggs, sometimes 4 or 5.
I wish someone else would give their opinion here. It can be a sleepy forum sometimes but I'm hoping it will be just fine for you and your little cocky.
You can post a few pics if you like, I'd like to see her
Thanks a lot. But well it's been like 5-6 days since she laid her 4th egg and she's still having harsh voice. Is it normal? Can I do something to help her?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
One thing I want to add:

Don't remove the eggs too quickly or else she might try to "replace" them by laying more. You can replace them all with fake eggs so they don't go bad. Or just leave them until she becomes disinterested

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
One thing I want to add:

Don't remove the eggs too quickly or else she might try to "replace" them by laying more. You can replace them all with fake eggs so they don't go bad. Or just leave them until she becomes disinterested
Thank you so much 🙏

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Just be ready that your bird may become very defensive if you leave the eggs there.
Also sometimes an egg can get stuck, it's called egg binding. Check her opening to make sure it's clear of eggs.
No, there's no egg stuck as I checked her opening.
But well please tell me why's my female cockatiel having harsh tone? It's normal since morning but it gets harsh after evening. I don't have a well known vet near my area to consult with. Please give me some idea about how to help her. I am way too worried and I don't know what should I do 😭

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
But well please tell me why's my female cockatiel having harsh tone? It's normal since morning but it gets harsh after evening. I don't have a well known vet near my area to consult with. Please give me some idea about how to help her. I am way too worried and I don't know what should I do 😭
Harsh tone as in her voice? Could you send a video? (Upload it as unlisted to youtube and share the link)

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Sorry I wish I had some advice but I don't. Sometimes there is nothing we can do but hope and pray for the health of the little one

Most Reactions

Latest posts