Cockatiel or Ringneck Or Kakariki

sahil112

Jul 28, 2016
Hi.

Just joined this forum. Been doing some reading, great place with lots of information!

I am looking to get a parrot but confused between these 3.

I live on a 3rd floor flat. No other flats above me. I have a 5m by 5m living room. The cage I have ordered will be 1.5 m tall and 0.7m across. So pretty big. I have a baby girl who is 16 months old as well. I have slight dust allergies/pollen.

Which 1 would you suggest I get?

I would like one that will come sit on my hand or shoulder sometimes but also fly around a bit. I also don't want a very aggressive one that will tear everything in the house ( as behaved as they can be).

Talking is not a big deal for me, more about seeing some activeness and some cuddling etc. I am hoping my little girl will in like 3-4 years be able to play with the parrot as well.

Noise is an issue for me, so I would like the least noisy. Mess is all fine as i will be regularly cleaning.

I will be at home most time so they will get good attention and flight time outside cage.

Also looking to get 2, so they can also keep each other company, again please least noisy 2 as I live in a flat and would not like to over disturb my neighbors.

How easy would it be to tame each species as well?

Another question is, how young should I get them?

Thanks everyone! :D

Jeans

Jul 14, 2016
Well I don't know much about the other two, but a cockatiel sounds quite perfect for your situation!

I would get young ones from a breeder, then they will have a higher chance of being cuddly and tame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicky76

Apr 17, 2016
UK
Parrots
Archie the Patagonian Conure and Chilli and Doris the Kakarikis ❤️
We've got 2 kakarikis and they are not quiet so you might want to rule them out [emoji6]

❤️ Animals are like little angels sent to earth to teach us how to love ❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts