Cocktail is Blind

Parootty

Apr 7, 2021
So, I have four cocktails (Patrick, Peeku, Lawrance and Buttercup). Buttercup is Blind. Previously she suffered from conjunctivitis. It was treated and I think after that she went blind. Buttercup has a perch on the bottom of the cage for her but over time she has learned the map of the entire cage. This means that she also attends to the upper perches. I wanted to add more perches to the cage (there are only three, two long ones at the top and one at the bottom). I added a small perch to the corner of the room however, it disturbed Buttercup's entire routine hence I had to remove it. We never change the map of the whole cage. she has too two food holders only for herself. The problem is I want to introduce new perches in the cage but that will disturb Buttercup's entire routine. Her feet have recently started to turn white so I have applied Vaseline. The other three birds nearly interact with her but she is close to Patrick. Is there any way I can add more perches without disturbing Buttercup and how do I get close to her? AND MY BIRDS HAVE MADE IT THERE LIFE GOAL TO NOT EAT FRUITS OR VEGETABLES. How do I get them to eat some?

Most Reactions