Confetti makes it home to meet Jazzy

Grinder

Jan 26, 2013
East Coast, U.S.
Parrots
Military Macaw - 'Lady",
GW Macaw - "Jazzy"
It took about an extra two weeks (because of some personal issues we had to deal with), but Confetti finally made it home. He has already been vet checked, cleared and immunized so it's safe for him to be with Jazzy. He was a good boy and rode the whole ride home sitting on the head rest of my truck.

When I brought him home I placed him on the table top playstand (time for a bigger one!) and Jazzy became alert. I took her out of her cage and her eyes were pinning! Then she let out three loud shrieks. And that seemed to be the welcome they both needed. Jazzy immediately wanted to meet Confetti and next thing you know they are playing on the stand, eating together, preening each other. The only issues is Jazzy gets a little jealous when you pet Confetti and not her :)

I am including some pics of both of them and of Confetti by himself (sort of). I am also going to try and embed a youtube video. In the picks Confetti has the darker beak. The pattern around his eye is also distinctive, but difficult to see in the pics. In the video (if it works) Confetti is on the left while Jazzy is pretty reserved because she has never seen the video camera before :)

[ame="http://youtu.be/YfKj4U4sOQg"]Confetti and Jazzy first day together - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• Confettione.jpg
    Confettione.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 250
  • COnfettitwo.jpg
    COnfettitwo.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 265
  • Confettithree.jpg
    Confettithree.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 248
  • Confettifour.jpg
    Confettifour.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 241

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
WOW Their so cute !! You must be in Macaw heaven :) Now with all these Macaws [as they age they might get real smart and take over!] Do you remember what Wharf Rats 2 had been up to :) Anyway many Congrats ,the more the merrier.Its starts seeming easy when you get them on you and your flocks schedule. {I have 12 birds]

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
I wish my Lucy, and Phoenix played so nice. Phoenix can be a brat, and likes to pick on Lucy. Your birds are beautiful.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
How cute!!! Nice pair of babies you've got there!!!! Unfortunately I can't get my Macaws to get together, they don't like each other....

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
MANY congrats on bringing Confetti home! I loved the video and the pictures. :D

AWESOME that they took to each other right away. :) I'm lucky in that department as well. My Niko & Ripley get a long really well - most of the time. :)

OP
G

Grinder

Jan 26, 2013
East Coast, U.S.
Parrots
Military Macaw - 'Lady",
GW Macaw - "Jazzy"
Thanks everyone. It was actually a pleasure waking up to twice the mess this morning :) Admittedly, my mother lives with my wife and I and she DOES A LOT to help clean up after all the birds during the day so I can't pretend to do all the cleaning!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks everyone. It was actually a pleasure waking up to twice the mess this morning :) Admittedly, my mother lives with my wife and I and she DOES A LOT to help clean up after all the birds during the day so I can't pretend to do all the cleaning!

I admit I'm a bit slow...but do I detect a hint of sarcasm or are you serious? :eek: HAHAHAHA

OP
G

Grinder

Jan 26, 2013
East Coast, U.S.
Parrots
Military Macaw - 'Lady",
GW Macaw - "Jazzy"
Wendy, I was serious and sarcastic at the same time. I knew there would be twice the mess to clean up, but it felt good to be dealing with it at the same time because I knew Confetti was finally home :)

jacksmom

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2012
I am soooo jealous, lol...my blue and golds got in a fight last night, they don't like each other much. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!!! :cool:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wendy, I was serious and sarcastic at the same time. I knew there would be twice the mess to clean up, but it felt good to be dealing with it at the same time because I knew Confetti was finally home :)

HAHAHAHHA - makes PERFECT sense now. :) There are days I pity myself, NO kidding, especially when both Ripley & Niko are in mayor destructo mode because it seems my hands never let go of the broom, or the vacuum, or the mop. :54:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Wow that is amazing that they took to each other that quick. Congrats:)

OP
G

Grinder

Jan 26, 2013
East Coast, U.S.
Parrots
Military Macaw - 'Lady",
GW Macaw - "Jazzy"
Thanks Aliray. The flip side is that now they cant be more than 5 feet apart. Maybe I screwed that up? I can hold and cuddle each one individually, but if I take one to the cage or play stand I have to take the other at the same time or they get upset. Not sure if it's something they will get over and learn to understand or perhaps they will have to go everywhere together :)

Most Reactions