Congo african grey has a dull tail .

Mybindiboo11

Feb 4, 2014
mybindiboo11-albums-ziggy-picture11041-059.jpg
I have a 3 year old Congo grey I don't know if it's a male or female I have alway called her a girl just because I don't like calling her (it) . She has a very dull tail and I just wanted to know if this is normal ? I also hand raised her .

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
HI there,
Do you have any pictures of her? Are you sure that she is a Congo, and not a Timneh?
Welcome to the forum:)

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I second the idea of posting a pic. Have you noticed a change in the color or has it always been that way?

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Sounds like a TAG to me too...

OP
Mybindiboo11

Mybindiboo11

Feb 4, 2014
HI there,
Do you have any pictures of her? Are you sure that she is a Congo, and not a Timneh?
Welcome to the forum:)

I'm shore it's a Congo she talks way to well to be a timneh . I will try to post a pic .

OP
Mybindiboo11

Mybindiboo11

Feb 4, 2014
I second the idea of posting a pic. Have you noticed a change in the color or has it always been that way?

I've had her since she was 4 weeks old and ever since they came in they've been the dull red . I'm not shore she is a girl I just don't like calling her an ( it )

punkindave

Apr 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Bethlehem, PA
Parrots
Budgie Niles, Rascal RBC-2001, Jake "footloose" CAG-2015, Butchie Triton-1988, Neyteri "Chatterbox" CAG, and the "Squeak Squad" (4 Caiques) ScooterPie 8/12, Skittles 4/13, Chica 2006, Ringo 2009
The pics in your profile don't look dull at all.. It does look like she drags them around or dips them in the water dish though (a bit frazzled..)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Looks normal to me. Frazzled tail feathers means either you have too small a cage, which this is not, or your bird plays a lot, which is good...

CAGS are dander birds. Increase bathing, and the dull will probably wash right off.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I think she is beautiful! That doesn't look dull to me at all:)

OP
Mybindiboo11

Mybindiboo11

Feb 4, 2014
Thank you for your help she is my first grey and I just wanted to see what other people thought . She loves her fresh veggies and she will talk the paint off the walls .

Most Reactions

Latest posts