Conure behaviors....

tanktop74

Aug 30, 2012
Oregon
Parrots
Sun Conure
I have a sun conure that I adopted a little over a month ago. She is sweet as can be to my partner and I. Has bit the kids a couple of times.

My problem is, I am leaving to go out of town for a long weekend and my brother in law always watches our animals for us. Well Lola doesn't seem to like him, biting his ears to the point of bleeding along with fingers and you name it.

We try to enourage her with treats and she if fine till the treat is gone and then brings out this biting beak.

What am I doing wrong? How can I make it better for her?

In the mean time I am having a friend come over that has a bird experience to see if Lola will be friends with her and maybe she can come over twice a day to feed and entertain miss Lola. (If this works what is the going rate for bird sitting?)

Thanks so much for answering my questions!
Beth

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
depending on where your at $6 to 20$ a day for boarding is what I've had to pay as for lola and not liking your brother in law this is not something to work on with only a few days left before you leave but you can try the abandoned bird rescue method where you carry your bird into the bath room (cover down) and you forget your bird as you walk away leave the bird until her flock call gets the worried tone then have him come in with a wooden spoon in hand and a treat get her to step-up then treat all the time telling the bird lets go find mom ma then let him take the bird to you where you make a fuss over the bird and him for bringing the bird to you (the result should be that the bird learns that the brother in law is a transport to you and he brings treats he may never be her favorite person but she will learn to tollerate him.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
you could try clicker training her to step up for him. i agree with friedsoup about the price range and would say around $15 is a good rate. good luck and enjoy your trip :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts