Conure biting

Blaze7250

Dec 27, 2023
Parrots
Conure
I have a six month old Conure bites me hard I don’t know how to solve that issue. i’ve had her three weeks. I’ve had birds in the past. She’s a nice big cage. She’s out quite often hangs out on the top. I spent a lot of time with her talking to her, but she won’t let me get close to her. I’ve tried to walk away thing just now working, any suggestions? Thank you.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Patience, patience, and more patience! Three weeks is not really long enough to start bonding with a bird. It was two months before I could give my Quaker head scratches and that whole time was spent basically just hanging out together and getting used to each other; no pressure on the bird to interact. Offering favorite foods from your hand can be a great first step to getting your new bird to recognize hands as something good rather than something scary 🙂.

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC
I agree patience is key. My female gcc after 5 years is still moody at times. She can be the sweetest cuddle bug, but when she is moody I learn to talk to her and give her space. Once she is ready she will fly to me or make her way over and cuddle with me on her own.
They are all very different with diff personalities, you will find a way to communicate best . Patience is key…

OP
B

Blaze7250

Dec 27, 2023
Parrots
Conure
Thank you for the insight have a little bit helps

Most Reactions

Latest posts