Conure croaking?

Sunconureownerr

Dec 30, 2015
Hi. So I am an owner of a sun conure who is about 6months now. I've had him for the past 3-4 and he's been doing great. But today I got back home and he was twitching both of his wings and bobbing his head up and down while being fluffed up, more than he usually is at all. And instead of his regular chatter he would do he does this high pitched, yet soft croak like he's screaming.The only change I did this week was change his pellets to a new brand and I've heard that is bad. I dumped out his pellets and I'm buying his original pellets tomorrow. But I'm scared something else is wrong? Please help me, thank you.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the forums. ļŠ

Without a video, itā€™s pretty difficult trying to assess what your young Sun Conure is doing. Almost sounds as if heā€™s begging (for food). What pellets was he on, and which ones were in his bowl that you heard were bad? Has he been eating and drinking normally? What about his droppings, do they look normal? Same amount of droppings as before?

If in doubt, Iā€™d always recommend getting your bird to an avian vet. Unfortunately birds are really good at hiding underlying health issues, so getting him to a vet in a timely manner is quite important.

Has he lost any weight?

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I would suggest a video as well, just to be sure. Some of what you are saying could be typical behaviors, but given the change in his diet, I don't want to hazard a guess without a video to observe.

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
A video as well as possibly a vet visit. How long has he been on the new diet?

Most Reactions

Latest posts