Conure recently got super aggressive with me and is doing this tounge to roof beak touch

deadprezz169

Jun 8, 2021
Recently, my Conure has become really aggressive. I’m not sure why if anybody could provide any insight I would greatly appreciate it. I refer to him as a he but don’t know the actual sex so I’m not sure if this is female behavior I have a male conure as well who is perfectly fine my conure is also doing this what it looks like to be panting/ tongue touch to the top of his beak is this normal? Not consistent just when he’s agitated I’m assuming once out of the cage I’m met with aggression very hard bites I am just unsure what to do once out I need to put a towel over my hand and can touch him a bit with my other but he still gives the impression he wants to attack

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about your Conure troubles. Can you give us some more info? How old in your Conure? How long have you had him? Have you had positive interactions in the past with him and this behavior just now started?

I wouldn’t consider panting a sign of aggression- that sounds like stress.

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Recently, my Conure has become really aggressive. I’m not sure why if anybody could provide any insight I would greatly appreciate it. I refer to him as a he but don’t know the actual sex so I’m not sure if this is female behavior I have a male conure as well who is perfectly fine my conure is also doing this what it looks like to be panting/ tongue touch to the top of his beak is this normal? Not consistent just when he’s agitated I’m assuming once out of the cage I’m met with aggression very hard bites I am just unsure what to do once out I need to put a towel over my hand and can touch him a bit with my other but he still gives the impression he wants to attack
Hello dear, based on my small experience with conure birds, he is maybe afraid of you dont be too hard on him or is going through hormonal stuff… give him space from a couple of days and his favorite treat from outside the cage and wait for him to grab it, treat him all the time and he will know your hand is the one to love and not bite… for me an apple would do the trick.

Most Reactions

Latest posts