Conures at "Work"

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Hi All,

So I work at home and my conures are my assistants. They have an opinion about EVERYTHING. My GCC is not there as she would try to attack and kill the Suns, so we rotate. If you look closely, you can see they are almost identical twins, impossible to tell apart. Some kind soul suggested cutting off just a tiny bit of one of their tails, and that has worked wonders. This is Lady and Winston:

Conures%20Working%20C.jpg

Conures%20Working%20A.jpg

Conures%20Working%20B.jpg

DoubleTake

May 31, 2017
South Orange County, California
Parrots
2 Sun Conures.

R.I.P Lily 3/1/2018 - You were my sweet baby.
My office is where their cage is located so when I work from they are pretty content of me being there and surprisingly enough... not very needy. Are your guys pretty quiet while you work? My guys will give me a cal as soon as I get up from the chair.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
not so much work but Rio's cage was next to my computer and he was fine when I would play video games or record music, he only ruined several takes!

The only time Rio got upset when I was at the computer was when my headphones were on, he would come over and peck at them. Pretty sure he thought they were eating me

OP
PickleMeDickles

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
They are quietest while out at work with us. They will issue contact calls with Pickles (I have no idea why - she hates the Suns). If they apart from us, their "contact calls" to me will bring the house down. If I make the mistake of turning my back or not having all eyes on birds, Winston systematically disassembles my keyboard. I have become a great keyboard tech. I wouldn't dare have headphones on, I love to hear them "trying" to shred the hard branches their play stand is made out of. I know they can't get into too much trouble with busy beaks. Busy beaks are usually good beaks. I keep special treats at my desk to reward the quiet.

Last year one of my employees answered the phone and was asked if he worked at a pet store. Just another day in paradise.

Have a great day!
-Jen

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Not for nothing I told my conure he's in charge of the houses financials with his abacus. Since then, my credit rating has grown to actually 820. I believe conures make the best work partners... the always have out of the box solutions.

Last edited:

Most Reactions