Cookie-The end might be near

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
He's arguing with me this morning. He did NOT want to come out of his cage and let me know it! Normally I'm not thrilled with a misbehaving bird, but less than a week ago he didn't have the energy to even verbally protest, let alone hop and fly away from me. He's a completely different bird and getting better every day.

I can't believe what a difference this has made!

So nice to hear an positive update! How are you administering the meds? Must Cookie be restrained or can you disguise his wonder drug in a reliable delivery source?

Meds are injections, so he has to be restrained. That part sucks, but it's the easiest way to know he's getting the full dose.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
He's arguing with me this morning. He did NOT want to come out of his cage and let me know it! Normally I'm not thrilled with a misbehaving bird, but less than a week ago he didn't have the energy to even verbally protest, let alone hop and fly away from me. He's a completely different bird and getting better every day.

I can't believe what a difference this has made!

So nice to hear an positive update! How are you administering the meds? Must Cookie be restrained or can you disguise his wonder drug in a reliable delivery source?

Meds are injections, so he has to be restrained. That part sucks, but it's the easiest way to know he's getting the full dose.

I hear ya! Hopefully it will get easier and just part of Cookie's routine!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
How is the Cookie doing?
I was trying to come up with a pun about updating internet cookies, but it just wasn't happening.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts