Corn meal porridge for Echo

Pilaf

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Pineapple/cinnamon green cheek conure
I made corn meal porridge for Echo. I have never made it before. I bought organic corn meal and cooked it into a thick porridge, adding nothing. Echo loves it and it's very easy to give him his meds in it.

Now I'm wondering -- I can't find it anywhere on the internet -- how long is cooked corn meal, like corn meal porridge, still good when you keep it in the fridge? Does anybody know?

Notdumasilook

Jul 28, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon, Cookie..Sun Conure..lil Booger (RIP) Have owned Parakeets, lovebirds, cockatiels, cockatoos, pocket parrot, and quakers.
Note that for the most part there is little nutrition in corn in general. My birds love it as well but I don't give much. Now making a porridge/bowl of grits whatever one could maybe add some supplements like vitamin C or omega 6... stuff like that I guess.

OP
Pilaf

Pilaf

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Pineapple/cinnamon green cheek conure
Note that for the most part there is little nutrition in corn in general. My birds love it as well but I don't give much. Now making a porridge/bowl of grits whatever one could maybe add some supplements like vitamin C or omega 6... stuff like that I guess.

Thank you very much. I don't give it too much either. I only noticed that it works really well to give him his meds in. So when he's done with his meds I don't give it like that anymore, at least not without any other food mixed in it :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts