corner cage for Catalina macaw?

evdav12

Jan 21, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Catalina macaw-Kali
Hello,
I was looking into getting a cage for a future Catalina macaw. I found one I like from King cages but was wondering if the dimensions would be good for her. The dimensions are 54"W x 42.5"D x 72"H. I am unfamiliar with the standards for corner cages and have read mixed reviews on the cage. I was hoping to get some insight on this subject from others with experience.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Are you talking about THIS one? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/KINGS-CAGES-14022-Corner-Cage/dp/B00CR91BKU]Amazon.com: KING'S CAGES GC 14022 Corner Cage 54"Wide x 42.5"Deep x 72"High - 5.5mm Bar Size bird toy toys African Greys Amazons Parrots Large Cockatoos Macaws and other large birds (WHITE): Pet Supplies[/ame]

If so, then I think that will be a fine cage for your Catalina. :)

OP
E

evdav12

Jan 21, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Catalina macaw-Kali
Yes, that's the cage and the reviewer on amazon answered my question in her review. Thanks for the reply :-D

OP
E

evdav12

Jan 21, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Catalina macaw-Kali
Lol amazon is kinda pricey but I think kings cages are offering it for 549.00 and free shipping on select colors.

punkindave

Apr 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Bethlehem, PA
Parrots
Budgie Niles, Rascal RBC-2001, Jake "footloose" CAG-2015, Butchie Triton-1988, Neyteri "Chatterbox" CAG, and the "Squeak Squad" (4 Caiques) ScooterPie 8/12, Skittles 4/13, Chica 2006, Ringo 2009
I have this cage, it's HUGE and quite well built. The only issue we had was one of the welds for a wheel was not good and the wheel wouldn't tighten right. Not a big deal as there are 5 wheels and the cage doesn't get moved that much.
As far as shipping, it's a couple of huge boxes and quite heavy. It's also shipping from the vendor, not from Amazon distribution. I'm sure it's truck shipped FOB and might require a lift gate for a residential delivery.
We got ours through the local birdshop that makes weekly runs to a distributor so they were able to throw it in their pickup truck. We de-boxed it and were able to carefully arrainge all the panels and parts in a Mazda CX7 (weren't easy!).

Last edited:
OP
E

evdav12

Jan 21, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Catalina macaw-Kali
I ordered the cage direct from kingscages.com and got it for the $549.00 free shipping. I am so excited and one step closer to having a nice home for my catalina!

Most Reactions

Latest posts