Could use some cheering up today

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
There's a young woman that lives on the other side of the country who I'm quite close to in spite of the fact she's young enough to be my daughter. In fact, calls me her internet mom. Today is her second son's first birthday. It should be a happy day, but it's not, because in 11 days, we will be marking the first anniversary of his passing. My young friend is hurting so very much and I hurt for her, and why did that sweet innocent baby have to die? (Details not forthcoming because of a lawsuit pending).

I'm kind of a mess today.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm very sorry, Maggie. Deep condolences to the mother who will forever be haunted by his passing.

Seems there are two interrelated issues: One is the loss of such an innocent young life, so full of potential. The other is how his life was taken, apparently in an avoidable manner. I imagine the grieving process is prolonged by the lawsuit, proceeding at a typically snails pace. Hugs to you and your internet friend.

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been in a similar situation a few times.

My best advice would be just be there for her and like a mum as you have said she kind of see's you as one.

Knowing someone cares and is there for you and will listen is really more supporting than you think.

I haven't been here long but you have helped me and so many others on this site and I can tell you are a very wonderful, lovely, kind and caring person so just be you and get through it together and we will be here to take care of you flower x

I don't know if this will make you feel better but its really sweet.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfoHoJocRk"]Two Parrots Sleeping In a Little Bed Together - Very Cute Warning - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Thank you guys.

Scott, she calls me her internet mom not because we know each other from the internet, but because the sheer distance between us and both of our tendencies to be terrible about using the phone means the only real communicating we do is via Facebook. Her own mom passed a number of years ago, so I tend to be the one she goes to when she wants mom type talks. And yeah, the baby did not die unavoidably, and he never left the hospital. It's gonna be a rough 11 days for my young friend. I just hope I have the strength to be there for her. Even though it's been 20 years, memories of my own angel babies can still sometimes be surprisingly strong.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Deepest condolences to your young friend and her family, I'm so sorry, Maggie. You being there for her when she needs you most will mean more to her than you'll ever know.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Warm words and feather hugs is what I send your way. Please pass along those you may feel will help your internet daughter.

* Words provided from Parrot Forum, located in the Amazon Forum, the I Love Amazons -... Thread:

"" You left this world so quickly. I can hardly comprehend your leaving. Yet there, in my arms, your still body rested — no longer your home. So much I have learned, so much you have taught, your purpose a full measure beyond your size and my comprehension. Comprehensions of your loss still a mist, but yet, I know you are whole and happy - now beyond Rainbow Bridge. And so busy you must be upon your new wings, guiding angles to those of us yet to cross. With in my ear, I still hear you, those special sweet sounds of comfort and contentment:

“Do not stand by my grave and weep my dear mother.
I am not here. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the gentle summer rain.
When you wake in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry my sweet mother.
I am not there. I did not die.”

My pray for you my beloved child:

“May your body nourish this earth.
May your soul find release and contentment.
May you fly high and free upon wings of spirit.
Rest in peace my little one.”

The love and tender warmth of you is a un-full-fill-able void.
I do so much thank-you for creating a space for another, a special place next to yours’.""

In remembrance of Cleo, (Estimated) Spring 1959 - May 2003

Amazon’s Have More Love!

Sources: Cheyenne Warrior Blessing, The Amazona Society’s Forum, Steven (SailBoat)

NOTE:
Changes made to bring the wording closer to you and your friend's needs.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
She is lucky to have YOU, my warm and wonderful friend, truly she is, and vice versa, I'm sure.
Big ol' Patagonian hugs to you both!

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Prayers on the way for both of you. Grief, I have found over these past two and a half years, is not a smooth process through some list of steps, but a rollercoaster. Some days, it all seems downhill, and my only advice it hold on, hold on tight to each other and to the good things in life, and eventually things will get better again. I promise.

Most Reactions

Latest posts