Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
I am now the mom of a crimson bellied baby. Anyone familiar with this species? I understand it is pretty common in Europe but it is rare here.

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Well, congrats on your new CBC! I love these beautiful birds! They really are not rare here but more difficult to find. There are excellent breeders in CA, FL, OH, and I believe Tx.

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Toulouse- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure
I think they are just BEAUTIFUL birds!!
I almost got one myself a few weeks ago.
Wouldn't that be funny?
We would both have a Cinnamon GCC and a CBC! :eek:

OP
bogo1

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Are you aware of any particular needs the crimson bellied conjures have? This little one was a gift and I haven't been able to learn much about the species yet.

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
The same rules apply to them as with GCCs. They are very simular in the care required. The CBC is a little bit more even tempered then the GCC and a little bit bigger. I would search and read threads regarding the GCC to care for your CBC.

Last edited:
OP
bogo1

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Thanks for that... info as I have plenty of experience with GCC having had one pretty much all my adulthood. Of course every bird is different and I have never started with a baby but if I can apply what I know re GCCs to caring for this young CBC I feel a bit more prepared. Thanks much for info.
Barbara

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Toulouse- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure
OP
bogo1

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Thanks so much for the link

melandry1999

Mar 29, 2013
Crimson Belly

I have a cbc, Zoe and a Quaker, Elihu. Zoe is gorgeous. She started out hyper and flighty with a fear of hands, partly my fault since I have a serious case of the grab hands
Though I have to say my qp was nothing like her as a baby..calm and easy going.
I give Zoe suntheanine a calming amino acid and it helps
Usually parrots get more difficult as they get older Zoe has gotten easier. Now she cuddles in blanket on my chest and takes naps with me. She plays dinosaur wrestling...where I wrestle her with a toy dinosaur.She gets info it. She loves to cuddle Ito her blankets at night to sleep. She talks in her sleep at night. Soooo cute! She says piggy oink big smooch kisses zoey. She is always busy and hungry loves and chewing but she is 50x messier than myquaker! Her voice is tiny. My qp's worst quality is a screaming problem Sh. e has nit developed the same probl em. :green::red1:

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
one of my favourite conures by far!
they are highly intelligent, easy going, and strikingly beautiful.
both of my lovebirds copied his call, and still do it to this day :)
He went to bed on his own too, all I would have to say is "time for bed", and he would make his way across the cages and crawl into his cage....such a smartie

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
Hi I also recently got a CBC. It is a male and he is just wonderful. They are very gentle and adorable little birds. Their care is the same as GCC. Enjoy

Most Reactions

Latest posts