crimson bellied conure

angels123

Oct 18, 2014
Media
toledo oh
Parrots
crimson bellied conure 3 yrs old
black capped conure 4 months old
hi everyone i'm thinking of getting a crimson bellied conure anyone have one? would like to get as much inf as possible on them before I make up my mind thanks

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
hi everyone i'm thinking of getting a crimson bellied conure anyone have one? would like to get as much inf as possible on them before I make up my mind thanks

It says in your 'parrots' info that you have one already that is 3 years old!

OP
A

angels123

Oct 18, 2014
Media
toledo oh
Parrots
yes I had one before did not have him very long because of work I had to get rid of my birds I was hardly home now i'm retired would like to have a flock again I did not have him very long so I really don't know much about them I want to get the right bird for me

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Oh I see! Well I work and also have birds, so it is possible to have them while working but I totally understand why it happens. It's best to own birds when someone is at home a lot. I'm not familiar with crimson bellied conures, I've only ever had a Jenday and he was the best. Conures in general are great! If you're interested in a crimson bellied for sure, I recommend finding a breeder near you (or one online that breeds them) and start asking them questions on their characteristics.

Here's a site I use often to look for weaned parrots from breeders all over the nation. Here's the crimson-bellied conure results!

OP
A

angels123

Oct 18, 2014
Media
toledo oh
Parrots
I agree about woring and having birds but in my case I would be out of town for 2 or 3 days at a time and when I was home and working out of the office I would work from 6 am to 6 pm I did not think it was fair to the birds

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
I have a Black capped conure I think they would be very simular to the CBC . They are also kind of like some normal green cheek not the fancy.

The fancy Green cheeks of today have been bread and "inbred" for years. Some breeders breed for temperment others for color. So I have found the younger generation of green cheeks and the fancy ones of today are...... do I dare say more like domesticated birds. I think green cheeks have been bred for so long they are a hint less wild.

Black capped conure, crimson bellied, painted, maroon bellied, and other Pyrrhura have not been bred in captivity as long so they tend to be a little more wild like other larger parrots.

My black capped in very nippy, picky about food and people, He is not too loud. But he is nippy and not always good with other people. He was better with other people when he was younger. Now he is being bossy and not that nice with others in the house.

Sprinkles is loudest when he is not with us. like most other conures and parrots.

They are playful but like to use you as a play place over a real play place. They are aggressive or Territorial with their cage and space. They get bored but as long as you are moving around and things are going on they are happy.

They are a handful Not a mellow bird they are a bit of a spazz. They need to be moving and doing something at all times. Something needs to be in their beak. My finger tends to be in my birds mouth most of the time.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have a CBC and he is an amazing little guy. Full of attitude, he talks a little bit, and is not a screamer. He loves scritches, but is not cuddly. He has a GCC buddy he spends most of his time with, I am an afterthought..lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts