Cross your fingers horse people

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
My appy had 3 black feet & 1 white (bone). She did loose shoes more often on the white foot. Usually white stockings, mean white feet, but not always.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Appys are actually known for having strong hooves. I've never had a hoof problem on an Appy, and I've owned them for 19 years.

But, yes, you will almost always find horn colored hooves on legs with white markings and dark grey hooves on solid colored legs.

Ok, I will have to look over my attachments. I will also need to scan in some pictures of the horses who are no longer with me from my photo album. Gypsy and Fiesty have passed away, and I had to sell Julie due to my ex husband spending money like it grew on trees. I regret that so much as she was turning into such a wonderful dressage horse. I broke and trained Gypsy and Julie myself.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
You could load the pictures to somewhere else too (like photobucket) then put the link in your post that way it's not taking up space in your album here.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Whatever color his feet are, you'll have a great little horse. I was asking b/c of the striped feet, aren't as common as they used to be. I think alot of other breeds bred into appys are eliminating some traits. Your guy has the 'crazy eyes' lol spotted eye are that show he's foundation appy. Would love to put my arms around him. I so miss my baby.

OP
Safira

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
His father carries the Sabino gene so he got the partial blue eye, which I LOVE! And the white around the mouth and under the lip.

His Dam is AQHA and his sire is 67% foundation bred ApHC. He's just too cute :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
You could load the pictures to somewhere else too (like photobucket) then put the link in your post that way it's not taking up space in your album here.

I will do that. I've had quite a few horses. If I were to post pics of all of them it would take up a lot of room. I still need to scan them in though.

brittish

Mar 24, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Aw, he is adorable. I have been riding horses since I was 10(21 now), but never had any experience with the Appys. Arabians and TBs have stolen my heart. He sure is a handsome fellow.

OP
Safira

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
I got some new pictures from the breeder and thought I'd share. Who doesn't like baby horse pictures?

Rolling River Blue at 3 months today!

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

Still haven't come up with a barn name yet. I get him late august.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
what a beautiful horse . Alison and sweetie pie:D

beck

Jun 30, 2011
Florida
Parrots
Moche the Quaker Parrot and Charlie the African Grey
Soooo pretty! Congratulations! All this horse talk is making me want to ride again... I haven't in so long.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
I am sooooo envious!!! He is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Love seeing his growing pictures!!!!

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
He's gorgeous!!!!! "blue bayou"

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
I think you will really appreciate this stallion, He was born mostly black looking almost life a leopard in reverse, then ended up a a true leopard. He is a freisian appy cross. Mystic Warrior I miss the baby stage too. I miss being able to wrap my arms around her whole body. My filly has had some very strange coloring herself without the excuse of being an appy. She's grey, was born bay, turned black, then she turned half black half brown and roan all over. She was black on her top half and brown on her bottom half. It was so weird because the line was very distinct. Now she is 3yo and is a more traditional dapple grey. I will have to go through the pictures to show you.

Attachments

• remmy color.jpg
    remmy color.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
OP
Safira

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
I have seen Mystic Warrior, not in person but in pictures. He's beautiful!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
Oh my!!!! He is beautiful! If, after you finally get him, he goes missing don't come looking for me or most of the horse people on this forum. :p He's got such a unique look to him. I love his eye color.

Last edited:

Stahhhscream

Mar 4, 2012
CT/NYC
Parrots
Arty & Greenie (parakeets), Skyfall (cockatiel)
He is gorgeous! I have such a weakness for appys. Def keep us updated :)

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
beautiful!!! what kinda personality do appy's have, i ask because the one i met was gorgeous, but very sassy lol.

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
I think appys are the most beautiful horses:) I wish I could have horses....

Most Reactions