Cute bedtime habits?

skycon

Apr 8, 2011
Media
Albums
Patrick AFB, Florida
Parrots
Savannah, 4 year old Hahns Macaw
When I first got Savannah, her old owner gave me a little cozy hut and told me that she slept in it at night. Though I really didn't realize how cute it was until the night after I brought her home. Of course now I am used to all the cuteness, but I thought I would share.

Around 7 or 8 at night, Savannah will retreat to her hut and fall asleep. Her voice instantly becomes high-pitched and soft the minute her feet step into it. She will tell you goodnight, love you, and whisper various noises to you if you make any sounds next to her cage.

If she doesn't fall asleep by herself you can tell her "goodnight" and she will go into her hut for the night. Or, if she isn't tired, she crawls in and back out.

She sleeps there until morning and has never made one accident in her hut. It is too cute. Anyone else have a bird with odd/cute bedtime habits?

I have never been able to get a good picture of her in her hut but here is what I have.
2-1.jpg

After she heard the camera, she rushed out of the hut. Sleepy Savannah:
1-1.jpg

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
awww so cute, was wondering about gettin anut a cozy hut??

nut just makes snore sounds when she is covered in her sleep cage lol

OP
skycon

skycon

Apr 8, 2011
Media
Albums
Patrick AFB, Florida
Parrots
Thanks! Since I am not the one who started her on it, I am not really sure if she took to it right off or if it required some training. Either way, I really enjoy it. And snoring noises would be so cute! lol

Gandolf

Mar 29, 2011
Media
Albums
Lincoln, Ne
Parrots
Goffin's Cockatoo, Congo African Grey, 3 Conures, 2 Cockatiels, 6 Love Birds and 4 Budgies
Very cute. I have this Sun Conure who has a sleepy hut and I always thought it was so cute that I could slide him in on his back and he would stay that way :):):)
L8tly he has gone 2 running 2 the other side and peeking out to see if I am going to drop the cover of the cage. Very adorable.

OP
skycon

skycon

Apr 8, 2011
Media
Albums
Patrick AFB, Florida
Parrots
That is too funny, merlinsmom!

That is rally cute, Gandolf. Sun Conures have such funny personalities. I remember the one my parents had would always lay on his back like that. I have Savannah's hut so that one side is against the cage. Her old owner said she used to play peekaboo though. That would be really funny to see.

Most Reactions

Latest posts