Jun 6, 2011
Media
Albums
Uk, Hampshire / Gosport
Parrots
Indian Ringneck: Damien

RIP: Dempsey & Winston
[ame=http://youtu.be/GhrNyMLkAe0]Ninja parrot - YouTube[/ame]

I love when he gets off his cage and thinks about how he will get back!

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
aww :) Pixie will get on the top of hers sometimes and wander around trying to get back in the door, its fun to watch :)

OP
Ria

Ria

Jun 6, 2011
Media
Albums
Uk, Hampshire / Gosport
Parrots

awww bless him, glad to see your still about an how are things??

Yeh I am always reading the posts on here, just been a bit busy with work lately.

Damien is doing well, we have a mutual understanding, in any room but my bedroom he's lovely, I am able to pet him, have him on my arms, walk around with him without him flying, as soon as he is in my room he's back to being a bit of a menace. So It means I handle him the most in the bathroom. I take him in there pretty much every time I shower and bath. When I have baths I read a little bit to him form y book, to hopefully help him learn some words; so yeh getting there. I love him to pieces, he's funny!

I think the finches help, whilst I work he isn't completely alone anymore, instead he has the radio and the lovely tweets from the boys! :D

How is Nut doing!? And I hope you had a lovely christmas!

OP
Ria

Ria

Jun 6, 2011
Media
Albums
Uk, Hampshire / Gosport
Parrots

Cute video, thanks for sharing!

I was originally filming to try hear him whistle and sing, but he ended up flying down. So hopefully soon I will try catch him when he's 'talkative' and whistling, see if anyone can make sense of him yet haha!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
He is behaving better in other rooms because he hasn't claimed them as his territory. He sees your bedroom as his, lol!

OP
Ria

Ria

Jun 6, 2011
Media
Albums
Uk, Hampshire / Gosport
Parrots

He is behaving better in other rooms because he hasn't claimed them as his territory. He sees your bedroom as his, lol!

Is there any way I can stop him doing this? I'd love to be able to handle him in my room, lol.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I don't think you can stop territorial behavior, but as he gets older he might be less nutty about claiming it as his. Rowdy sees my front room as hers, but I think she is better about it now that she's almost 12 than when she was young. I know you don't exactly want to wait 12 years though, lol! It would probably help a bit if he was somewhere that other people and animals hang out as well. Harder to claim the living room when the whole family uses it.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
awww bless him, glad to see your still about an how are things??

Yeh I am always reading the posts on here, just been a bit busy with work lately.

Damien is doing well, we have a mutual understanding, in any room but my bedroom he's lovely, I am able to pet him, have him on my arms, walk around with him without him flying, as soon as he is in my room he's back to being a bit of a menace. So It means I handle him the most in the bathroom. I take him in there pretty much every time I shower and bath. When I have baths I read a little bit to him form y book, to hopefully help him learn some words; so yeh getting there. I love him to pieces, he's funny!

I think the finches help, whilst I work he isn't completely alone anymore, instead he has the radio and the lovely tweets from the boys! :D

How is Nut doing!? And I hope you had a lovely christmas!

we all had a fab xmas an hope yours was too :) its strange to talk of xmas now lol

nut is an always will be nuts lol, but she has stopped biting and attacking only the odd nip now an again :)

OP
Ria

Ria

Jun 6, 2011
Media
Albums
Uk, Hampshire / Gosport
Parrots

LOL, thank you. I am hoping he will be loads better as he ages, he's already showing signs of becoming less aggressive!

He does share the room with the finches now, that has changed him a bit too, he's less stressed out looking.

Most Reactions

Latest posts