Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
So this is not a review of the Pack,but a report on how Salty took to it. I put him in for a half hour before we started or travels for the day. I put some morning chop and pellets into the food bowls, but no water in the water bowl, as we will be driving a lot. I didn't use the supplied water bottle, but you'll need to wait til the second half of the review to find out why.

Salty stepped into the pack rather quickly, no fuss going in and he settled onto the wood perch. Today we will do a lot of driving around, and it was interesting to see Salty adopt different positions in the Pack, depending on how I was driving and what the road conditions were like.. He accepted the food and water bowls with no problems, because they look just like the big ones in his inside cages. He explored a bit, trying different surfaces. He seemed to like the wood perch best, followed by the aluminum one at the bottom, followed by the corner. Let me explain. For slow driving about town, the wood perch was prefered, I gave the smoothest ride and he appreciated it. Once we entered the highway, and speeds picked up, Salty dropped down to the aluminum aluminum bar
and squatted, bracing his body in the back. And once we went really fast (+100mph) he layed on his back on the floor, snuggled into a corner. A regular Mario Birdretti.. once at destinations, Salty gave no issues getting out, or going back into the pack; in fact he seemed to enjoy climbing around on the outside. This morning, the Pack is serving as his outside cage, with the remnants of breakfast in his bowl. He is happily eating that and enjoying the sushine. It is rather hot, and the wind is gusting, but inside the Pack, it's pleasant and not windy at all, but revealing why that is will have to wait till tonight's second half of the review of the product..

Last edited:

jiannotto9492

Jun 14, 2015
Long Island, New York
Parrots
Curry the Indian Ringneck
Just a heads up watch out when it gets a bit hot. I'm probably gonna open up all of those holes for the perch to allow better airflow in there.

I've noticed that they heat up a little bit so figure I might as well share the insight. I noticed with the water bowl that it is kind of hard to not get the water everywhere. So I ended up buying the water bottle off of Amazon. It's cheaper on there and Curry seems to like it.

flyingron

Jan 3, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Parrots
Bacca (Quaker)
Bacca loves her pak-o-bird (we call it her "car seat"). All I have to do is get her near it and she starts making "zip" noises (one of her favorite sounds). It's amusing that she loves it when she's riding solo with me so she can sit up in the front seat. If my wife is along she's got to ride in the back like a kid and she gets upset a bit.

We use the pak-o-bird in our airplane as well. Bacca takes to it pretty well though we joke if it's turbulent that her feet are tired after the flight.

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
That's interesting about how Bacca flies. Like I said , Salty kinda lies on his back, against the back wall, with his feet up in the air, when it got bumpy and we were booking fast... not as fast as a plane though!

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
That's interesting about how Bacca flies. Like I said , Salty kinda lies on his back, against the back wall, with his feet up in the air, when it got bumpy and we were booking fast... not as fast as a plane though!

Cant wait for the next episode of Saltys adventures in his PakoBird but it sounds like this method of travel is a hit with Salty but I have to say that at 100 MPH you werent far off the speed of the plane...phew Salty certainly got in the fast lane today LoL :)

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
I go on the Northern State during shift change (won't say just where and when) to do my high speed fun.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Good to hear Salty likes the Pack-o-bird. Interesting review on your other thread too. Thank you. One day I'll probably go this route rather than taking Raven out in a harness or flight suit. Seems very safe and secure too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts