Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
What you need:

5-6 fresh clean strawberries, sliced

1 banana, at the peak of sweetness (yellow with some brown speckling), sliced

A scoop of Stevia or a quarter of a teaspoon of sugar.

Granola cereal of your choice

Three teaspoons of yoghurt for the human recipe, and half to one teaspoon for birdie's bowl. As much as birds love dairy, it should be used in moderation.

Half a teaspoon of Organic Vanilla Extract (optional)

Mix ingredients in a bowl, and enjoy!

Last edited:

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Hey PQ, great recipe!!!! Im so going to try that - for me and lil rosie - shot!!!

OP
parrotqueen

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
I edited some of it, because I was missing some measurements. Pay close attention to the vanilla measurement, because too much will overpower the flavor and it won't taste so great. I also forgot to say that the banana needs to be sliced. ;)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I edited some of it, because I was missing some measurements. Pay close attention to the vanilla measurement, because too much will overpower the flavor and it won't taste so great. I also forgot to say that the banana needs to be sliced. ;)

You did mention that the banana must be sliced, guess you making sure I stick to it
Thanks for the warning of the vanilla measurements
I do have a heavy hand

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Ok, I tried it, I liked it, the Galahs at all of theirs, but my Macaw turned his beak up at it, as he does most things, oh well, just means more for me and the Too's next time, Thanks PQ :)

BirdieNumNum

Oct 19, 2011
NY/NJ
Parrots
1 Pineapple GCC
2 Cockatiels
2 Budgies
MMM sounds delish!!!! I'll have to try this sometime, I don't know if it's strawberry season over here. Bookmarking this so I can try it when I get the ingredients!! :)

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Sounds so good! Do you guys think using a little bit of soy yogurt(made by Silk) would be okay? I don't eat dairy, so I would use the Silk yogurt. Billie has stolen some soymilk already but I only let him have a little taste before I made him get off my cup lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts