Desperately looking for a macaw sitter 10 days in August.

zoeygirl81

Mar 28, 2013
I have a 24 year old blue and gold macaw that I need to leave to an experienced macaw owner for about 10 days. Zoey is a very simple bird but requires someone who will allow her to be out of her cage all day. She does not do well if left in her cage for more then an hour at a time.. she however is fine overnight. She rarely climbs down and if she does the only thing she breaks is paper. Letters, toilet paper etc. I tried boarding her this weekend and it was a terrible experience. I would prefer an individual who can watch her at home. She does well with other animals such as cats and dogs. Shes ok with other birds but doesnt do well when there are multiple birds screaming at once. I am willing to pay someone and even take her a temporary cage for the time she is there. I live in west orange, nj and am willing to drive within a 100 mile radius for the right sitter. Please Help!!

April

Apr 17, 2018
Philly
Parrots
Female eclectus April,male eclectus Buddha(hulk)
I live in pa , I may not be ideal cause I only have cockatoo, africangrey , and my quiet content Eclectus experience,no macaw beyond holding others ,my house is zen and I can be home the entire time , she can bring the noise we would be fine with that , no money necessary just her stuff , I literally play all day . I have 4 different spots just Incase they wouldn’t warm up to each other right away, one question is full flight ? I have zero experience with that as of now. You are 2 hours away! If need be we could meet you. Honestly I would love to love your bird for 10 days

Last edited:

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
We may be able to help out if April is not an option.

I live in Carteret, New Jersey.
We are two humanz and give our birds lots of attention and care.

We have two fids- one Amazon and one Blue and Gold.
(I just lost my other amazon, a 40 year old sweetie bird named abba a few weeks ago.)

a few questions
what is the time frame?
what is zoey's diet?
does she fly?
Have you had her for 24 years?
do you have a Vet?

and maybe other forum members can chime in on quarantining thoughts.

depending on scheduling maybe we can stop by your place for an initial meet-up,
with our Blue and Gold Max,
just so he can meet Zoey and she can meet us,
maybe to help make it less traumatic for her.

-Robert

Last edited:

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
id love to look after a macaw, or indeed any parrot whilst peeps going on holidays, but not many Brits on here so unfortunately im not much help here.

Most Reactions