Did I make a mistake?

StevieDaChompa

Sep 12, 2012
I just posted this in another area but I realise maybe this is the right place to post it instead.

I have a pair of Alexandrine's. I've had my female for over 5 years old. She came to me from a rescue so I believe she is at least 6 or 7. My male is 4 he is also from a rescue.

I never set out with the intention of breeding them but they get along great and at the beginning of the year we decided to room them together. They started doing the deed so we make them a breeding box. Now my female is at the vet as she hasn't dropped her first egg yet and is egg bound.

I'm wondering if this was a big mistake? Should we have let them breed or am I putting my female too much at risk? At the moment I'm having some big regrets. :confused:

Some advice please.....

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Breeding your pets is always a risk. On the other hand, healthy hens should be able to lay eggs. Lack of calcium is usually the culprit.

Most Reactions