Direct Sun

saiyixuy

Aug 24, 2011
Hi all

Rex my Quaker lives inside all day long and does not get any direct sun. Could it be a problem that he doesnt get direct sun?

He lives in his cage by the window during the day so he can see outside and he gets ambient light, but not direct light, at night we take him out and he sits with us in the lounge room on his tree. I dont want to leave him outside on the deck during the day because there are a few cats in the neighbourhood and ive seen them scaling the back fence from time to time.

Do others leave there birds inside all day long?

Thanks

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
I can be a problem, they need D3 and that comes with the sun. A solution is to have a neon fulspectra lamp above the cage.

melinda

Aug 10, 2011
TN
Parrots
5 year old cockatoo Chloe and 3 year old sun conure Joe Joe
Khloe 15 year old orange wing amazon
My birds stay inside all day and get to go outside in the mornings on the days i don't work. That way i can set with them we have a lot of ferel cats around here and have a pair of hawks that nest just down the road. They now have full spectrum lighting that brings the sun into your home. Just keep you eyes out for breeding behavoir and might have to cut back how long you leave the light on.

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
You could either get a harness so you can take your bird outside (NEVER unsupervised-hawks, cats and dogs could get him!) or a full spectrum light for over the cage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts