kagan1042

Feb 11, 2014
Qld, Australia
Parrots
*Verde Birdy gcc 20.12.13-15.03.14 RIP sweet girl *

* Frootie - cinnamon gcc 26.01.14 *
* Pinky - Galah - early 1980's *
Hello :)
I'm getting my very first GCC in 6 weeks time and busy busy with getting his home and surroundings all set up....before he redecorates!

I've been cruising around the forum and love all your play gym/stands...look like a lot of fun!

As we live on an acreage, and I know having dowel rods is not so good for their feet, we would like to use a big hunk of tree with branches as Jimmy's play stand....and be able to chuck away after it's been pooped upon and then use a new tree.

SO! My idea, is to make a 60cm square board and skirting board base on wheels with a pvc flange and pipe that will hold the tree branch snuggly.... do you think this would work?

I was thinking perhaps along the same lines as a Xmas tree base, with the three screw ins "bits" that tighten to the tree base/trunk to hold in place?

Also - on the base board, I was going to use stick on vinyl tiles sold at our local hardware shop that will make poop patrol easier.

I've ordered some awesome dangly toys, a cargo net etc to hang from the tree.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! Your idea sounds like it would work to me, but I am not good at building or anything..lol.
I think it is great that you are planning so far ahead for your new little guy:) Can't wait to see pictures when you get him!

OP
K

kagan1042

Feb 11, 2014
Qld, Australia
Parrots

Woohoo thank you!!

I can do anything with nails and a pink hammer hahaha

I'm very excited. We've had quakers, major mitchells and galahs before, but I'm so so excited about a conure! Little bit scared too to be honest.

But after having my quaker...aka the devil incarnate...evil evil bird.... I'm sure I'll be ok!

OP
K

kagan1042

Feb 11, 2014
Qld, Australia
Parrots

And I think he might be a she lol but in any case "jimmy" is the name. Might have to be Jemimah or something lol

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am sure you will be better than okay:) It is so exciting to add a new member to the family! Is it a boy or a girl? Do you have names picked out yet?

Oops..posted after I saw your post! Jimmy is a fine name for either sex:)

Most Reactions