Do I need to quarantine...

amjam441

Aug 17, 2013
Hi guys. As some of u may or may not know I was planning on getting an eclectus but their diets really were scaring me. I was afraid of not being able to habdle it so I decided against until im older.

Well my family still want a parrot and my sister was really interested in a conure and my parents said they would love to have two and I already know u have to keep them seperated in different cages so thats not a problem. My main problem is the quarantining part. I ve never done this before and I was planning on getting both from the same place. I dnot know anything about what to look for in quarantining it all I know is the minimum is a month.

I live in east london and I was wondering if any londoners here could help me find a quarantining place for parrots.

And im planning on getting the green cheek conures from the same place so if that makes a difference....

Im also getting it in the summer hols nxt year or a bit b4 that.

Just to add on does anyone know any gcc breeders in london preferably east london but I dont mind too much traveling.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
If you get 2 birds from the same place, quarantine is useless as they are coming from the same environment.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
If you get both at the same time from the same place where they were kept together, there's no need to quarantine cause they would of pass whatever they had to each other already if they were sick. But quarantine against any new arrivals if you guys get more.

OP
amjam441

amjam441

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks guys so much I was panicking about the quarantine part so im glad I dont have to go through that.

Does anyone know of any green cheek conure breeders in london

Most Reactions