Do Parrots Respond to Paintings / Still Pictures?

crazyforfeathers

Aug 18, 2012
Parrots
Limbo (7 year old Dusky Conure), Prisma (4 year old Parakeet), Stormy (2 year old Parakeet)
Do parrots have a reaction when looking at still photos or images? I know they respond to videos but not sure if they do with paintings / posters / pictures.

I am thinking of putting a wall to floor mural of a realistic rainforest in the bird room. But I don't know if it would have any effect at all on him.

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
They do react to colors, so maybe your bird will like the nice, green colors!
I'm not sure about the actual picture though. But Kirby likes to look out the window, so why not! :)

Julianna

Feb 4, 2013
Media
Olympia, WA
Parrots
Pippi, my white-bellied caique
Pippi doesn't seem to respond to pictures, but she also likes to look out the window, so maybe that would give the same affect...I would do it just for myself, though! sounds cool!

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
There are certain pictures on the walls here that Ralph takes an interest in, and others he ignores completely. One that he likes to look at is a photograph of George, the Yellow-crowned Amazon who shared my life before Ralph came along. He also likes a large photograph of my grandmother, and a print of running horses. So, some parrots at least do notice pictures. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts