Do Superb parrots use toes for eating food?

ajax

Jan 3, 2013
I have a yellow sided-green cheek conure, he can use his toes for eating food or holding some toys.

I like Superb parrot, and I wonder whether the parrots can use their toes or not like other parrots have the toe-skills.

I couldn't find any information about superb's toe-skill, I am waiting for your answers.^^:green:

dragonlady2

Oct 3, 2010
Canada
Parrots
Eclectus-Willy, Alexandrine-Oliver, Two Barrabands -Joey and Peewee, Plumhead-Peanut, Senegal-Mookie, Australian King-Bella, Peachfront conure-Peachygirl, Crimson belly conure-Pepper, Parrotlette
I have 2 male superbas, neither uses their feet to eat anything. They eat directly from their dishes, although I have given them a nutriberry and one of them tried holding it, but they are more comfortable eating with their feet planted.

OP
A

ajax

Jan 3, 2013
Would you give me some informations about Superbs?

Thank you for your kind reply, and I'd like to ask something, too.

I have a plan to adopt Superb(male). By the way, I could get limited information through the search engine.

Could you give me some small tips or informations about Superb parrot for me like people interested in Superb?

For example, does superb tend to like cuddling?

dragonlady2

Oct 3, 2010
Canada
Parrots
Eclectus-Willy, Alexandrine-Oliver, Two Barrabands -Joey and Peewee, Plumhead-Peanut, Senegal-Mookie, Australian King-Bella, Peachfront conure-Peachygirl, Crimson belly conure-Pepper, Parrotlette
My superbs do not like cuddling, but they love to sit on my shoulders. I can rub my cheek on them and kiss them on their beaks and heads. They don't step up, but they don't bite when I scoop them up to put them back in their cages. They both talk up a storm. I start teaching them phrases on Sunday and by Wednesday they know them. I can't even keep track of what they can say now and they pick up what the other birds say as well. They do have a loud rolling call. I love them.

Parro

Dec 21, 2012
Asia, Jordan, Amman
Parrots
Two Cockatiels, A Timneh African Grey
In fact yes, parrots do use their toes to hold food and toys. I have two Senegal parrots and they use their toes to eat big things like dried fruit. While other small birds that are not parrots don't use their toes to eat.:yellow1:

osnyder

Sep 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Parrots
Stitch the Blue Crown Conure
My Meyer's Geordi (a poi like the senegals) was a fastidious and tidy eater who held anything in his feet. My Blue-cap conure, however, is much less tidy, and way lazier about holding something while he nibbles it. He has gotten better in the year since I've had him but he'll bever be up to the standard of Geordi.

Most Reactions

Latest posts